Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Getting things done

Lately I have been feeling like I am really unproductive and don't use my time wisely. A few weeks ago, I started a weekly cleaning schedule, and it has GREATLY helped me get things done and not feel so overwhelmed. However, I still waste very precious time on not very productive things (*cough* too much time on the internet *cough*). Today, I decided to kick my butt in gear and be thankful for the time I have - that I don't have to work a full time job, and that we don't have kids yet so I can use my time to help others.

So, today I would like to share my list of accomplished things!
  • Made bed
  • Sweeped all hard floors
  • Vacuumed corners and baseboards
  • Deodorized (sprinkled baking soda and let it sit) and vacuumed carpet
  • Mopped all hard floors
  • Soaked shower head in vinegar to remove all the nasty stuff that has been building up
  • Caught up on e-mails/phone calls for work
  • Updated household calendar
  • Picked up clutter in office and bedroom
  • Organized all recipes in recipe binder: put recipes in page protectors
  • Cleaned out and reorganized home management binder
  • Dusted all hard surfaces
  • Wiped down mirrors
  • Wiped bathroom and kitchen counters
  • Made dinner for a good friend of mine that is a new mama: Baked bread, made lentil soup, baked chocolate chip cookies, made label tags and tied them on with ribbon to each item
  • Made dinner for my husband and I: Eggplant Parmesan - served and cleaned up
  • Had to sweep kitchen again
  • Went to Goodwill and purchased: basket to put dinner for new mama in, new cloth napkins for our everyday use (7 new napkins for 2.75!), and 2 new Fall tea towels (.79 cents!)
  • Dropped off food to new mama and held her beautiful new baby boy for a little bit
  • Did dishes
  • 1 load of laundry
  • Looked over our budget with my husband
  • Read a few new blogs and got some cool ideas for all kinds of stuff
  • Looked up Christmas gift ideas
  • And wrote this blog post!
  • And it is still only 8:30pm
Okay, so I am sure there are those of you out there that are thinking that this is nothing, but I feel great about it... so, don't burst my bubble!

Thanks for letting me get that out! Now for some quality time with my dear sweet husband!


1 comment:

GreenStyleMom said...

Whew! It takes me at least a month to get that much done!