Monday, November 12, 2007

Menu Plan Monday - Week of Nov 12, 2007


I love menu planning and grocery shopping, so Monday is one of my favorite days. Below is my menu plan for this week:

Monday: Tempeh Sloppy Joe Wraps w/ Baked Fries and coleslaw

Tuesday: Honey Baked Lentils w/ salad and toast

Wednesday: Baked Eggplant Parmesan w/ side spinach salad topped w/ homemade balsamic

Thursday: Sweet Potato Patties w/ curried sour cream, naan (I have some frozen in the freezer that I made a few weeks ago), and wilted garlic spinach

Friday: Date Night!!

Weekend/Other: Leftovers, Quesadillas

Snacks: Banana Bread


My husband LOVES the recipe for Tempeh Sloppy Joe Wraps by Cassie Young. You should check out Cassie's meal plans over at Veggie Meal Plans. This blog was the one that got me started on menu planning over a year ago! She has SO many wonderful recipes and ideas... I tend to use at least one of her ideas a week. Her recipes are usually a simplified conglomerate of other recipes she has tried - and they are amazing. Her blog has greatly helped expand our vegetarian meal options (because it is easy to get in a rut).


From last weeks menu, the Sauteed Rainbow Chard, Apricots, Walnuts, and Garlic over Quinoa (a recipe I made up) was amazing! I wasn't sure about it, but we absolutely loved it! Adding a bit of balsamic vinegar while I sauteed the chard helped counteract some of the bitterness and bring all the flavors together. Also, I added raisins along with the apricots and slightly re-hydrated both in a little hot water before adding them to the mix.


Visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for more meal plans!


No comments: