Monday, December 10, 2007

Please pray....

Please pray for my husband and I right now. We were in a very bad car accident in July of this year (they had to use the jaws of life to get me out, and I had internal bleeding along with a whole list of other injuries). The accident actually happened on our one year wedding anniversary. I am so thankful we are alive today, but sometimes the "real world" issues can weigh down on you.

The whole legal process and paying for medical bills is a bit overwhelming right now... basically we are not sure if there is going to be enough to cover my existing medical bills, and I am still seeing the doctor (my broken ribs haven't healed and I still am having back issues).

I have never been in a situation like this. I had always thought that with an accident like this you would get a big chunk of money - at least that is what the media tells you. But no, that doesn't happen. I don't want a huge sum - all I want is medical bills paid!

Sorry, I needed to vent. It is just frustrating how the whole system (legal and medical) works. So please pray that we will feel comforted that the Lord will take care of this situation and pray that we can turn it over to Him (that is the hardest part)!

2 comments:

Kate Ambrose said...

I am so sorry you're going through this. I have been through a similar situation, and dealing with the insurance company is a huge trial (on top of the accident/reprocussions).

You will be in my prayers!

GreenStyleMom said...

I'm so sorry you are going through this. It must be tough both physically and emotionally.